#JoinJoRae To Influence Change By Sharing This Post!
- Portland Mayor, Ted Wheeler, announced the disbanding of the gun violence reduction team, June of 2020. The very next month, July 2020, there were 15 homicides reported compared to 14 homicides in the previous 8 MONTHS!
- The 22 months prior to the announcement reported 56 homicides in the city of Portland. The 22 month reporting period following the announcement, 156 homicides were reported, An astounding 301% increase, directly after the announcement to disband the gun violence reduction team.
Police and specialty units have been weakened due to demands to DEFUND law enforcement. These reductions, as well as orders from “higher ups” have led directly to an increase in violent crimes. The calls to “Defund the Police” are based upon claims of police brutality and racism, which is never acceptable nor condoned.
If we want to live in a society where we can live together peacefully, it is imperative we all follow the laws which back up both the Oregon and the U.S. Constitution. Additionally, we must insist law enforcement, including rogue attorney generals stop releasing those charged with violent or assault crimes.
It's Time For Change
- Murders increased by nearly 30% in 2020, according to FBI data
- Portland homicides increased over 300% over the past 2 years
- Violent crime has climbed by 12 percent in U.S. cities
- Inflation is over 8.5% with a recession on the way
- Our school systems rank in the bottom 20%
- Oregon had the 2nd most amount of acres burned in the nation in 2021
- Drug overdose deaths are up over 40%
- Homelessness in many areas of Oregon is up over 60%
A majority of Oregonians, & Americans, are demanding change, for obvious reasons. #JoinJoRae to change the direction of our state, & our nation. It’s time to re-unite Americans in rational, solutions based discussions. You can help influence change in multiple ways:
BECOME A SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER
DONATE TO THE MOVEMENT: donate $5-$499 | donate $500-$2900